I like to start the new year feeling on top of things (or at least giving myself the false sense of security that I am!), so I finally got a family calendar up. I use chalk markers, which the kids are forbidden to touch, and love seeing it laid out for us all to see. Especially when we have something so fun to look forward to -see January 5!
I also like to start the year with a full pantry (but bad idea to ever shop on the 1st of the month due to food stamp cards getting reloaded--horrible lines!)
Sloan was stoked to hang Luvy's Christmas gift - a garage organizer unit
playdate with the Mitchells - pizza & ball games at the church
Luke's first day in Sharing Time
he ate it up
most of it
Mitchells and Peter over for Sunday dinner & bball
and karaoke - Henry's a little performer!
bball with friends got these guys more motivated
this one will sleep anywhere
he'll smile anywhere too
my little green mouse
January 5 - Eyres arrive!
Ruth got into my makeup for the occasion
January 6 - my bday... Ribs
I try to take full advantage of Sloan's willingness to try new things on my birthday - this year I chose hip hop! The Rowses, Mitchells, Mulcocks and Jonah & Ana joined us. It was hard work! And super fun.
Thanks Eyres for my first bday cake in years!
Highly successful trip to Goodwill Outlet
If you can brave the troughs, you will be rewarded
little waldos waiting for nachos
I love this firecracker
Reggie does too!
Drew break
sprouted pizzas
Drew break
Rodeo!
The kids got a little restless, but we all loved the sheep riding and the bulls. Afterward, we walked around the stock yards and watched a pig show. Good stuff!
Sunday morning was Drew's blessing (somehow I missed taking pictures). That afternoon Dad took the big kids to Breckenridge. The rest of us stayed behind for a jam session.
Monday - beautiful Breckenridge. I skied my heart out!
Meanwhile Papa got the kids giggling
back home
Sushi night
lots of chopping
so worth it!
love these buns!
finally a kid that appreciates our
truck collection!
Missin Luvy - thank goodness for Facetime!
The Eyres leaving was traumatic for us. We wanted them to stay forever!
Our friends asked us to watch their St. Berdoodle Rosie & it was perfect timing. I love dog-sitting because it's temporary!
Ruth's first day of basketball at the rec center - she can hang
seriously sleeps anywhere
Reggie is a wild man in primary. So I often have him at my feet in time out.
It's meant to be punishment, but he loves it there.
It's meant to be punishment, but he loves it there.
pretty dapper in his bow-tie
Let me reiterate, Reggie is a handful.
But at least he's a good worker!
bowling night
check out this wind up
whoops!
Rosie is about the size of Sloan. So this was a fair and hilarious match that went on & on (Sloan was dripping in sweat by the end).
Enjoying Gpa & Gma's Christmas gifts - Ranger Rick magazines
GQ Reg!
mind of his own
reading buddies
there he is helping again!
Another Sunday dinner with our beloved Peter
the beats bring out the vampires
and clowns
trying out the big tub
this brought a tear to my eye
another ski day with dad
Luke & Eddie
Eddie insisted
visiting the kids at lunch
busted
date with mom & dad to the Aquarium
Ruth's 3rd grade concert (she's 7th from the left, top row)
more bball (she was in the right age group - promise!)
This was her second season playing... the first season was with older girls on a YMCA team and she was intimidated. Not this time!
not sure about the sheepskin
jammin with dad































































































No comments:
Post a Comment