Reggie's Birthday is in August, and this year so was his tonsillectomy! So I dedicate the month to him.
I know my blog posts are long. I know. But I'm a once-a-monther, and I take a lot of pics, so it's a problem. I'll try to break it down a little... how about chapters?
Chapter 1: Tonsillectomy
Chapter 2: Provo
Chapter 3: Reggie's Bday
Are you so excited?? I know, you can't wait!! Let's go...
Chapter 1 - Surgery
he has no idea what coming
Scott & Shannon gave us a balloon to keep him busy. Lifesaver.
Post op. Poor guy was a mess coming out of anesthesia.
I couldn't take seeing him in pain (or the smell of the blood/anesthesia)... I took off to get popsicles and Sloan stuck it out
We were popsicle central!
The first few days after the surgery were breezy. My mom was there to help out, and he was medicated and drowsy. Between movies, we put him back to work ... putting the silverware away
and raking up leaves
still working on potty training
even hit the Springs Preserve
the splash pad (Luke bm'd his pants, and all I had in the car was a bag of girls' clothes for Riley to give to Tyler -perfect! :)
Ruthie's painting for Dad and Reggie wearing my glasses
Patti Ann Woods - the road with the dips
and Whole Foods for essentials (Kombucha)
Week 2, things got harder. That's when the scabs come off, which is painful. If we didn't top up his Tylenol within 2 hrs, he was writhing in agony on the floor, screaming and crying. Through the night too. It was a miserable week.
Ruthie tried to entertain him by dressing him up in costumes
Blanky a constant companion
and lots of movies
By Saturday we were all going stir-crazy so we took a chance and did the Sprinkler Run
Reggie, Luke and Ruth whined most of the way. Sloan & I liked it, but...
it felt a lot like running!
The after-party was fun though
And the after-after party... we went to Tyler's condo to swim
then Tyler kept the R's
while Sloan & I used our Groupon for lunch at Don Juan's. It was fantastic! Finally some good authentic Mexican in Vegas. Plus Mariachi!

locked out
that's better
My 2nd round of teaching Voice Camp. These girls are precious!
Sloan accompanied a couple of the songs at the recital Thursday at noon before going to clinic and to give Evan to a friend to watch over the break. He loaded Evan in the truck with the windows down before the recital, and when he went back out to leave, Evan was convulsing. He overheated and died :(
funeral and burial (yes, very sad. but I was allergic to him and had a hard time always coordinating sitters for our frequent trips out of town, so I gave a secret sigh of relief. sweet little guy was so patient & gentle though, with a cute little cal-lick on the top of his head. rip evan)
Chapter 2: Provo
We drove up Thursday night so Sloan could attend the LDS dental conference at BYU and shadow a dentist in Lehi. It was also Eduction Week, and my mom & Ken were coming. Party in Provo! Raise the roof Reg
Friday morning Ruth & I walked up to the Y with Warren, Emily & Tarik. Ruth went the whole way without complaining. Huge accomplishment for her.
Tarik was a good boy too
Sloan's cousins visited (Luke was fascinated with Ryan)

Working in the garden with Gma

the harvest

Drinking from the hose with the neighbors

Rock Canyon Park

Tennis at Kiwanis
BYU Dinosaur museum

hanging with Boog & Emily

and Tarik


The bullied becomes the bully


till Reggie puts him back in his place

We also made a couple trips to Lehi to see how we felt about moving there. I've been slow to warm up to the idea, don't want to become a spiritually spoiled person who takes my religion for granted because that's what all Utahns do, right? jk But I don't want to find myself a nobody in a place where we all have similar things to offer. I know that's generalizing and there is a lot to love about Utah, especially the good friends & family we have there (also beautiful outdoors, low cost of living, great for families, etc.). But emotionally/spiritually I was still waiting for the green light. This house definitely helped - isn't it beautiful! Across from a huge grassy field and playground.

We took Ruthie to Thanksgiving Point and for an ice cream at Maverick to see if she could warm up to it too.

ice cream never hurts

But visiting the Wilkinsons in Lehi really wins her over
They have chickens. And a turkey that lays giant eggs. I want some!

We also met up the the Laws in Lehi (our buddies in NZ)

Love these guys. They had been struggling with fertility when we met them Auckland, but now they have 2 beautiful kids, including a buddy for Luke. Aren't they stud muffins?

Next was the Utah County Fair
electroshock massage
love when he puffs out his chest
his 1st meeting with a pig
Reggie seems to have this effect
monitor lizard
alligator
free balloon animals
he got stuck waiting for ages! so patiently though
on the way out Ruth decided to use her hard-earned chore money on the FUN SLIDE
$5/ride. Was it worth it?
sure :)
Lastly, we celebrated Reggie's birthday with Luvy, Ken & the Robisons at Kiwanis
bottom feeder
1st read of Where the Wild Things Are
where the wild things really are!
Luvy got the kids trying headstands
they weren't doing too well on their own
so she took the bull by the horns!!! yeah!! look at those gorgous long legs will ya??
love our Luvy!
home we go
Chapter 3
1st day of 1st grade & Reggie's Birthday
we had a wardrobe crisis that morning, but we got it sorted. love my sweet, emotional, opinionated, headstrong girl.
off she goes to 1st grade!
and off we go to Cafe Rio
Reggie was preoccupied by the table next to us, we gave in & let him go sit with them.
at least Luke still likes us
Reggie's actual birthday was on the 1st day of school, so we just invited our neighbors, Neva, Lisa & Megan for cake that night
cute Neva is 90 and a social butterfly
Megan is our super-smart IB/AP babysitter
seize and conquer!
And the PARTY was Wednesday morning
It was a dog party
started with dancing
then hot-diggity-dog (hot potato)
dog-dog-goose and "Go, Dog! Go!"
dog ears & party hats
and pin the tail on the doggy
by Ruthie
the crew
outside for the doggy-course (tunnel, hurdles, pose on the bench, run around the cones, jump through hula hoop, slip n slide)


bubbles
lunch
nap

cupcakes
what are cousins for?
dog paws
papa
presents
and pinata!
come on Erica, help em out
yeah Crystal! she got it.
And that was Reggie's August! Well, almost. I left out Maui.
But that deserves a post of its own...


























































































































1 comment:
Oh my heck! Reggie's Birthday Cake is off the hook! The cupcakes are cute too. And nice photos of Mom and Ken at the park-- with the big camera?
I'll work on tracking down the Maui photos. If I can't find them, you'll just have to come back and we'll do it again!
-Sees
Post a Comment