I was surprised to have such a mild first winter in Denver. But also surprised by how long it dragged out.
But by this time, Sloan had caught the ski bug, and we loved having a few more chances to ski...
Top of Loveland
Not long after we were married, Sloan started his campaign for us having separate beds. After 9 years, I finally gave in. We share the same headboard & dust ruffle, but separate boxsprings, bedding, and custom tailored mattresses-- we are getting such better nights' sleep!
He was so right.
Quick snapshots of the kids...
Ruth on her new (garage sale) big girl bike riding home from soccer
Mommy-daughter date to the General Relief Society Broadcast - sticky Chinese food on the way
Reggie's my #1 in the kitchen - always ready to help (as long as he can ask a million questions)
fly in the nursery
and here's lukette. he loves pink. he loves tutu's.
so what?
he also loves his cheek-to-cheek huggies
and Eskimo kisses
Date night - with Jon Lamerough! - to see "The Stars" play at Bluebird. We've been listening to them for years - exciting (and maybe a little disenchanting) to hear them live.
The next morning, off to Moab with the Carlesons, Robinsons, and Christiansens
Adeline, Brooklyn, Ruth
the biggest hit in Moab - the sand hill
and the free breakfast buffet at Sleep Inn
morning bike ride along the river


Sloan & the other dads went on a long ride that afternoon - their view from the top
the moms & kids spent the afternoon at the park
Luke giving free massages
shake brake
post park crash - yay
as soon as Sloan got back, I snuck out to do my favorite hike- the Negro Bill Hike
natural bridge at the end of the hike is really spectacular - hard to capture it in a photo

back to the Carlson's for egg decorating
George & Oliver
Blake
Talie
and the girls
the next morning was General Conference and Easter!
the dads took care of the delicious German pancakes
then the hunt
quick hike stop in the gorge
and home for the stomach flu
after a couple days stuck inside, we were ready to bust out
and get the garden planted
raspberry bushes!
pretty stoked about their tower
and his Dutch musketeer outfit
Ruth's new soccer team - the "white fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows"
apple boat

Sunday picnic at Cheesman Park
rockin her pogo stick
Peak at #4 - yikes! but so thankful to have a healthy baby inside (after the missed miscarriage in the fall, I was nervous for this scan)
Ruth's buddy Marta - they fight like sisters! and make up quickly
Ruth getting ready for her school's advocacy fair - her topic was eating healthy & exercising. She & her 2 teammates did research, made a poster and buttons to hand out.
my favorite
She was a natural. I love her rosy cheeks.

Then out of the blue - snow!
Perfect time to escape to San Diego
Ruth & I flew down to catch up with the Eyres before they left for Europe. We all stayed at my dad's home in San Diego the first couple days - riding around in the 12 passenger Sprinter
my spunky niece Po
Cruising around the bay
Artsy cousins & thier pipe cleaner creations
on day 3 we drove up to my mom's in Dana Point
brave Ruth getting ready to lure in the seagulls
meanwhile Sloan was chillin with the boys in Denver
Santa Ana Zoo
Luvy & Hawkin
Ana & Ezra
Back home for my first prenatal visit at St Anthony North - complete with free valet parking and unlimited childcare! Yay.
Doug & Minte (Sloan's sister) came from Dillon, MT to visit and dragged us up to the slopes again -darn!

please move to Denver?

Night out -dinner at Larimar Square and "Defending the Caveman"
Minte getting the huggies treatment at church
On the way home from church that day, I saw an open house sign in our neighborhood and thought I'd do a quick run through for fun. It was so much more fun than expected! I had a funny feeling we'd be moving soon.
This is Reggie's sketch on their basement whiteboard.
we're so hooked on this guy
Museum of Nature & Science with our buddies Sarah & Quincy
Urban Farm with friends from the ward
turkey!
Luke & his sweetheart Bianca
the week before, while eating lunch, he exclaimed "oh my gosh, I love Bianca" Can't blame him.
















































































1 comment:
This was an amazing post! How do you pack so much into one month?!? I just love getting glimpses into your at-home lives as well as all the adventures... the next best thing to being there in person. Wish I could snuggle those kids in person, though I'm sure they wouldn't sit still as long as I would want them to.
You are the best, and you bloggin skills are off the chart!
Miss you loads!
-Sees
Post a Comment