We started over 2 weeks ago and Christian & their 4 kids will move in around Dec 15. Not a lot of time for all that needs to happen! But we've had 2 highly productive Saturday yard & house parties and I'm realizing how many people are touched by this family and want to contribute (Courtney's blog gets over 40,000 hits a day!). It seems everyone is somehow connected to this family around here... almost all the subs are doing their work at cost, and we're doing it all for about $23,000 (floors, kitchen, painting, electrical, exterior/yard stuff, ETC). It's amazing.
Here's the house before we laid hands on it:

Here's Saturday #1:

Here's Saturday #2 (seems like these pictures should be going the other way around, right?)

So, that's pretty much taken over my life and poor Ruthie is holding on for dear life. My relief society is all young married girls (only 3 or 4 babies in the ward) and they have been super-helpful taking Ruthie for afternoons here & there. And my mother-in-law has taken over dinner most nights and helps with Ruthie, too. Although I'm exhausted, I'm so grateful this family has put their trust in me and that I get to meet all these salt of the earthers and see this house turn around for a great cause.
We did manage to celebrate Halloween...here's our little chicken loving trick or treating-

And the ward party -

and we did make it to Wheeler Farms in SLC - I LOVE that place!! Much better than Farm Days at Thanksgiving Point(not as cool and not as free!)



and up the canyon for a picnic with Jen Ryan & fam -

and to the corn mazes with our mentee Toft-





and a quick trip to Vegas to visit Papa -


and to THE garage sale with my mom & Aja in St George. Love Aniston's outfit and her cookie sign and Aja's name tag 'Yes, I work here'.



and Ruthie thoroughly enjoyed 2 full days of quality cousin Elsie time-

So, I guess work and school aren't keeping us TOO busy. It's been a fun, full couple months, and lots to look forward to next month (except the freezing cold! snow all over the ground today! pretty, but brrr!).
7 comments:
What an awesome thing to get involved in! And everytime I see pics of Ruthie I can't believe how much more and more she looks like your fam.
Hey Sonna!
I am glad things are going well! Please let me know if I can take Ruthie any days for you! I would LOVE to take her.
It looks like you all had a FUN Halloween! She is a cute chicken and you guys look so cute! I am glad you put a picture of yourself on here because you are beautiful!
Thanks! I have read your blog and love it! You also have a beautiful family! The chicken costume was the cutest. What an interesting and fun life you two have! So glad I have another blogger friend...I'm adding you on my list asap! Let me know if you want pics done...I would love it!
It's been so good to get to know you and we really have enjoyed your class!! I love blogging because I feel like I can get to know you better! What do you do for google? Our blog is carissarasmussen.blogspot.com!
Hey Sonna! I really appreciate your class, and I am really impressed with all that you have done with the house! Sorry we couldnt help more, but I think that it turned out great! I would love to see more of the finished pictures! Love,McKenna Dutcher
Ruthi looks like Teresa..excuse me... Tess!!!!!
Aunt Julie
Hey Sonna girl! I've been thinking about you. I found your blog through Mary and I'm a blogger too now. I'm putting you on my blog. This is a great way to keep in touch (since clearly I've never been good at that through the years). :) We moved a couple months ago, just to another home in alabama, and I found that notebook that we filled up with inside jokes. I could remember some (like the willie wonka ones) but others I haven't got a clue. :) Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment