September means easing out of the summer haze and getting into work mode.
But not till after Labor Day.
The Mitchells invited 6 or 7 families from the ward to picnic & play volleyball at Runway 35.
Gorgeous night for pictures. The guys didn't mind the camera - after every kill shot, they'd ask "did you get that??"
yes, ice man
Moms' turn
Luke's big crush
can't blame him. Not only is Mindi gorgeous, she'll pick him up anytime he asks, and she hooks him up with the good stuff
even beautiful when they're covered with dirt!
Back to the grind
I ride with the kids & our neighbor's kids on the way to school. We ride along a busy road without cross walks, so it can be a little treacherous. But we can't drive when it's so nice out.

Sloan's work schedule is typically 30 hrs a week... 2 twelve-hour days and a 6-hr day. Which is surreal after 70 hr weeks in dental school. But I'm still getting used to his shifts that fall on Friday nights and Saturday mornings. Thank goodness for the indoor pool!
Wednesday mornings we swim, too (with Oliver)
and every day we walk Alex
which is a perfect prelude to naptime
Sundays I play the piano for primary - dream calling! The piano is in the corner by the Sunbeams, so I get to spy on Reggie.
Ruth in sewing class (Tuesdays after school)
Free day at the Nature & Science Museum
Jurassic Boar!
Tuesday morning art class
daily dress ups
and body building
apparently there's more than one way to eat chicken noodle soup
Ruth joined a volleyball team so we made a goal to practice 15 mins a day.
Luke working on his bump
Free pancake breakfast at Swigert to inform us about the new light rail going in 2 blocks from our house in 2016 - so exciting! Only 2 stops to the airport and 3 stops to downtown.
plus face painting
love the warm fall evenings - we clearly didn't expect it to be nice enough to jump in the fountain
dang, where's a swim diaper
Wednesday night at the Children's Musuem
ukelele lessons!
pretty loyal to green
first time painting
fun to see the stuff this girl comes up with. she made 2 mice out of this cup holder
the goggles take him to another dimension
counting down the days to the Luvy/Ken family reunion!
Friday nights: Ruth's volleyball games
power server!
spectacular sunset after one of the games
I made it down to the temple (40 min drive south) one Friday morning. So peaceful & uplifting. I love my covenants & the blessing of being able to go there.
Camping in Cherry Creek (a CO state park only 20 min drive south)
Botanic Gardens with the Evansons
we thought we better take this just in case they hit it off someday...
the children's area had a stream - wasn't prepared for this water feature either!
getting some precious dad time
The Crestmoor Classic - 50 mile bike ride through Cherry Creek organized by the Young Men in our ward. Sloan was working, so I knew I couldn't do the 50 miles with the kids, but I thought we'd try the 10 mile loop. I was on roller-blades pushing Luke & Alex (I was dog-sitting him for the weekend) in the trailer. R & R on bikes.
The first mile was a breeze. All downhill. But I knew once we go to the bottom of that hill, there was no going back the way we came. The next 3 miles were a gentle incline next to a noisy freeway and Reggie ended up in the trailer within 5 minutes. I was pregnant and having such a hard time pushing that trailer with the boys, bike & dog in it, I started to realize I was over-ambitious in my planning (not the first time). But no turning back!
By the time we got to the top of the hill, out of water and exhausted, I was so happy to be away from the freeway and surrounded by nature. I put Reggie back on his bike and took off down the trail, expecting R&R to be close behind.
Whoops!
They were panicking because I went so far ahead and they couldn't see me. It took some apologizing and bribing, but I finally got them to stop crying and ride with me to the beach. Once we got there, it was all behind us. They wanted to stay all day.
But with no water or food, the alarms were about to go off. I called the young mens presidency to request a rescue.
Our stake president, Russ Waterson
And James Mosdell. Pushing Ruth's bike with a flat tire.
We got back just in time to see the winners cross the finish line.
Katie Kindred (fitness instructor, graphic designer extraordinaire)
Ruth with her primary teacher, Dani Peterson. She's a 6' tall volleyball player. I asked her what other sports she wishes she would've played growing up (wondering what sports we should get Ruth into with how wonderfully tall she is) and she said hands down: tennis. Good to know!
stop at DQ on the way home - I couldn't believe I caught Ruthie resting her head on Reggie's shoulder. They couldn't believe it either.
Dinner with the Goggins
I was given 8 bags of juicy red grapes, so I attempted to make fruit leather and jam. Days of work... de-stemming, juicing, boiling and then my fruit leather burned to the wax paper :(
But the jam was excellent. And sugar free!
afternoons at the Swigert playground















































































No comments:
Post a Comment