I got a new camera for Christmas, YAY. I've been wanting to get more serious about photography for as long as I can remember, so here it goes.
My blog photos will be from 4 cameras... the iPhone, Sloan's SII, Canon Powershot, and the new Canon T3i. An editing wonderland! Hopefully you'll be able to tell when the shots are with the Rebel, but the iPhone camera is pretty awesome, so maybe not.
January 1st, home from Utah, enjoying the new toys and last few days before school starts...
Jan 2nd off to Marriott in Summerlin for a stay-cation with Luvy & Ken
breakfast buffet - I love Reggie's spread: fruit loops, chocolate milk, blueberries and bacon
The pool was closed, but at least they had a huge hot tub
Dinner at Whole Foods down the road
and back to the grind... workin out in the garage with my buddy
savasana!
One morning, Sloan decided to follow Reggie wherever he wanted to go
he went all the way to the park's basketball courts a 3/4 mile away! Reggie loves balls. Even though he doesn't get even close to making a basket, he shoots over & over. Someday, buddy.
Birthday dinner with the fun gals from my ward
and my high school homies
Luke gettin so big! 3 months old, tryin out the bumbo
Ruthie and Marcella playing dress ups
Our first time to the tunnels trail
potty stop
Ruthie ticked because Dad didn't hold her right and her pants got soaked
didn't get the memo
working it out
forgiven
as for Luke, happy as a clam (as if he weren't stuffed into a Camelbak)
leery of those dark tunnels though
Gorgeous walk. I couldn't believe I'd grown up here and never heard of it! We'll be back...
January 11th I flew with Luke to Mesa for my cousin Brittany's funeral... so heartbreaking. She was a year younger than me with 2 kids Ruthie & Reggie's ages. We've been buds since we were born. She was a compassionate, real, outgoing friend, and a great listener. Around Easter last year she was paralyzed from the chest down from a mountain biking accident, and was workin her buns off to be able to walk again. The times I visited her, I left feeling loved, uplifted, and hopeful. She and Jeff had a great sense of humor, like a comedy duo, and I can't imagine the loss he and the kids are going through. I miss her and am still working through my grief. My heart breaks for her mom & dad and my prayers are always with them. They are amazing people who have seemed to have endured All.
The good part of the weekend was spending so much time with Tyler and his daughter Riley. She adores her dad and he's patient and loving with her. Love the facials as he was reading Beauty & the Beast :)
Got to see lots of extended family too. These were Brittany's brother's best friends in high school that would come to visit us in Vegas. Aja dated, and broke up with, Paul in the middle and he's never recovered. I had a big crush on Morgan on the right. Funny to see them 15 years later! Ok, I'm getting sidetracked here - where was I!!?
yay for Sloan taking the kids kite flying in the freezing cold while I do Hot Yoga
On a walk with the kids, stopping to say hi to our lovely 90 yr old neighbor Neva Hess (but don't cross her, she'll git ya!)
Reggie introducing the bottle to Luke
so smitten
me introducing Reggie to the toilet
(nice try, mom)
Reggie on the new balance bike... it was going well for a few weeks then every time he went to sit on it, he'd grab his berries in pain. Sloan tried padding it with a towel, no use. So here is one of the few shots of him enjoying it pre-pansy phase.
Reggie on the new balance bike... it was going well for a few weeks then every time he went to sit on it, he'd grab his berries in pain. Sloan tried padding it with a towel, no use. So here is one of the few shots of him enjoying it pre-pansy phase.
home for well-deserved hot choc
Reggie brushing Luke's gums
in the door jumper
my Costco posse' (Ruthie loves the 'examples')
huggies
hangin
Reggie at the dr's office
no cure for being goofy :)
Ruthie came home a couple times and said the kids were getting mad at her for giving them hugs and kisses. So we had a talk about personal space (again) and Dad asked her to save all her hugs and kisses for him. So, this is day one... at the gate we gave her a last chance for hugs and Reggie was all about it.
Next, an afternoon at the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. My grandma gave us some Christmas money, so we took the family on a date...
and last up, our little drummer boy
Ruthie wanted drums that actually made some racket,
so she made her own
and that's Jan!



































_edited-1.jpg)
_edited-2.jpg)


































No comments:
Post a Comment