A 'sweet as' Summer

I LOVE summer and now it's over -boo hoo.

Here's July, starting with Sloan's family reunion in Provo. It started with 4th of July activities - Freedom Festival, parade, and fireworks. And continued through the whole month with swimming lessons, Lagoon, picnics, parks, a puppet show, going to the temple, swimming, etc. It was a lot of work with 23 nieces and nephews aged 16 and under, but lots of fun.

 Swinging with Grandpa along the Provo River


 Swimming lessons at Seven Peaks (they worked - she learned to swim!)


 Picnic and soccer up Provo Canyon - Ruthie in cousin HEAVEN


food, glorious food!


LAGOON




 Provo River



SEVEN PEAKS

Uncle Lorin with a few of the cousies

Killians shucking away


Soccer at Rock Canyon Park - Diesel wins

Loading up to go to the giant slip n slide



And a trip to the Creamery. Ruthie being her social self. I don't remember seeing her much during July - she was so happy to finally have a break from Mom & Dad and relished all the kid time.
 Also in July, Sloan, Ruthie & I went camping ...
We found a nice little spot up Spanish Fork Canyon. We were on the lookout for bears but were much happier finding a couple moose instead. 

We tried hiking up to the hot pools the next morning but only made it half-way. I was 34 weeks pregnant by then and Sloan was literally pushing me up the hills. Hey, we tried.

Here's my beautiful cousin Lyndsi heading off to serve a mission in Lima, Peru. 
I love these ladies.



AUGUST

The first couple weeks of August started getting stressful with upcoming events looming: moving to Vegas, starting dental school, and nearing end of pregnancy. We made it out camping once more to relieve the stress, this time up American Fork canyon...

Campfire Kabobs - sooooo good!

My huge belly! I have to post this so I can get credit for camping THIS pregnant.

Ruthie loves tents and headlamps. And spandex.

Morning-after hike


Beautiful back side of Timp

 Utah County Fair on a windy night

Thankfully I got to opt out of the make-me-barf carnival rides. Sloan was sick for about 3 days and Ruthie hasn't been the same since.
My mom was there for Education Week at BYU and helped us (or actually, we helped her) with our moving out and on to Vegas.  There's no way we could've done it without her.

On the drive down to Vegas, with 2 trucks and a UHaul full of stuff, we still didn't know where we'd be living, but my mom had the impression to call her friend Mark to see if he knew of any short sale properties we could rent for a month or two. Turns out he owns one on the corner of Eastern & St Rose and was happy to let us live here until it closes! I was relieved and felt so blessed this opened up for us.

We had 5 days to get settled in before heading up to St George to have the baby, so the fun wasn't over yet! ...





4 comments:

Jonah and Aja said...

Ruthie DOES love spandex, doesn't she. Super awesome post. I didn't even know you did half these things!!

Also, LOVED LOVED LOVED the picture of the pregnant belly. I enlarged it for my computer wallpaper.

Le bag.

Anonymous said...

So fun! I love all the pics! Cant wait to see more. Did Sloan start dental school? My cousin is in dental school in Vegas. It would be fun to get together next time we are there!!

Jonah and Aja said...

Wow. that is some photographing. aja must not want to remember elko and lovelock because she never wants to take me there. adventure it up.

Alyson said...

Wow, camping that pregnant!?!??! I'm super super impressed! I can't get comfortable in my own bed at this stage, I can't imagine trying to tough it out on the hard ground! :) Maybe it would be a welcome relief.

Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks! Ruthie looks so big in all of these pictures. So grown up...