Preparing for Lift Off

2 days to go... 
sell furniture, car and all the bits and pieces - Check
move out of apartment - Check
cancel utilities & other accounts - Check
pack bags and whittle it down to 2 bags each - No Check! no check at all. It costs $150 to send a box. What to leave behind??  
Besides lots of our 'stuff', I really don't want to leave behind our wonderful friends. Or the trees and beaches. And cheap medical. And Tip Top Ice Cream. But I'll gladly leave the mold, long dreary winters, high cost of living, tiny apartments and being so far from family.

More of what I'll miss:

 Parks with friends. Sloan finally found a teeter-totter partner.

City happenings, like the Chinese Lantern Festival. 
Sloan might not miss this part.

Camping with hedgehogs

adorable Kiwi boys courting Ruthie


playgroup with Yasmine

the zoo

Day trips - Goat Island/Manguwhi


Affordable medical -introducing 'Reggie' :)

first trip to the (free for kids) dentist

Birthday parties and picnics with friends
(Ruthie turned 3 last month - she learned to pronounce "th" just in time, so she can say her name is "ruTHee" and she is "THree")

We'll miss the crazy Kiwis & their beautiful accents & carefree ways

the exotic beaches

And exploring new parks on Sunday evenings


The weather is turning colder and Ruthie, Sloan and I are sick with colds/sinus/chest infections, and we are really enjoying but are also ready to be done house-hopping (thank you SO much Maahs, Laws, and Manu). Things always seem to get really hard right before a big move. Maybe it's a blessing to make it a little easier to get on the plane.

Farewell Aotearoa! We love you.






2 comments:

Jonah and Aja said...

This blog is the blomb! I especially love the gas station shot.
I wish I was there to help! And eat ice cream.

Jonah and Aja said...

ruthie with the glittery red bag in front of her is sweet as. it is always great to see a little bit of what you are up to.