We made it down to the the temple in Hamilton with Aja & Jonah and went to their friend's house made of rubber tires and tried to catch the roosters they offered to give Aja if we could catch them (the roosters won), getting out to do our first few gigs last week, daily funny moments with the ruthie bug, a trip to beautiful Piha with friends, watching General Conference, and getting out running again. And, I'm not ashamed to admit, I really enjoy my Friday nights on the couch with American Idol and New Zealand's Next Top Model, much to Sloan's annoyance. I'm finally getting back to him for his hours of sports TV - and no chance for retribution for him here! Ha!
We finally have some clips of our music online: www.myspace.com/thebandtangled. Tell us what you think - it's definitely under development and will be updated as our website/branding does. But, it's something! We've been working hard to get live shows happening, so I go out most nights to hear bands play and get connected while Sloan stays home writing new songs. Last week we played at our ward's music night, an open mic at Roasted Addiqtion, and an Irish Bar called "The Dogs Bollix" (yes, it means what you think it means). Our best set was at the Bollix - they were actually a really thoughtful/attentive audience and we were able to play a full set, so it was rewarding to get past the point where the nerves have settled down enough to enjoy. We'll do another open mic in the city tomorrow night and hope the live stuff takes off in the next few months.
Here are some pics of last month
Mission Bay again - this time with the Eyre's




And Piha
First - us not wanting to get out of the car bc it was raining

But brave Ruthie led the way
and mom & dad followed

she of course had to get wet

and set a bad example for Abigail

and paid the price later!

but no regrets

This place is gorgeous (photos courtesy of Charmain Grant - amazing!)





Trip to the Zoo with Katie, Mike & Abi

I'll never go to the zoo without a stroller again


Aja & Jonah offered to take Ruthie camping for the weekend so I met them at a beach Huia - west of Auckland. It's so good to have my sister here.

The girls are chasing after a puppy, loving the wide open spaces!


I found this awesome indoor play center for Ruthie while our transmission was getting a make-over. Is it true these plastic balls are out-lawed in the states?

Here's Sunday dinner at the Eyre's - Ana's pet butterfly with a broken leg spending the last of its days in pure & utter torture

And a video of Ana singing for us, with a little help (much cuter the first time they did it, before we got the camera out, but still funny)
Aja's reaction (I might be in trouble for posting this one :)

Here's our rooster-hunting in Hamilton and the house of tires -




And last of all some cooking at home with Ruthie. Notice the new haircut - that happened while I was out working one day. Sloan has been dying to give her the chop for a while, so he finally had the chance. He did a good job, but it made me cry to see her curls gone.


3 comments:
Sonna, you know what's funny?? I've blog-stalking you for a couple of months now :-) I beat you to it. I think I saw yours through Teisha's or Katrina's. It's sounds like you guys are keeping busy, and New Zealand looks beautiful. It's fun to see all these experiences you are living. Your family is beautiful, and Ruthie is a doll (I love her name, by the way). I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Not the easiest thing to hear right now, but everything happens for a reason. I hope and pray you are recovering quickly. It's so great that you're still using your beautiful voice. I would love to hear your music. If you get a second, let me know what the website is. It's good to hear from you.
I think that picture of me is going to match exactly the picture of me when I'm dead and laying in my coffin. You are in big trouble! You better not get famous and let lots of people see that! I will get you swoon!
i love ruthie's hair cut! it's so cute. i hope things will get better--as jake always says, "it will work out. it always does." love you guys.
Post a Comment