Our friends, the Tingeys, came to stay for a week while they were moving out of their house on their way to Iowa. They have 3 boys. Add that to our 4 and Sloan going full-boar on the drums...
heaven help me
this guy finally busted out some teeth!
Library party
Ruth &Reg trying out the Japanese kites they made at the rec center
fly baby, fly!
Date night: Roller-Derby!
with our buddies Sarah & Logan Wilcox
There was a fine line here between it being entertaining and disturbing... like watching my brother wrestle a girl in high school. hard to watch. hard not to watch.
but this... 8 guys pedaling a cart through the city, pretty sweet
Sunday afternoon, between conference sessions, more kite flying
his preschool class singing happy birthday to him
Little family party
the morning after
poor guy was sick all day
Reggie trying karate
he later admitted he was just there to play with Quentin
day 2, still blue
love my early morning runs!

Ward playdate: tour of the fire station
the kids loved it
making our way through the season
barely
Kailani's birthday party
Week 2 of karate - picking up on it!

getting comfortable with her overhand serve
Sloan was out of town one night, so I told Reggie he could sleep in his bed. He was reluctant, kept asking when dad would be coming home...he knows who the alpha is!
A couple more Reggie stories...
I was rubbing his back one morning and he said 'mom, when you massage my back, it makes me feel like I'm special.'
The other night he said to Ruth 'you look like you're wearing
Walmart clothes!' I got after him and said he shouldn't say stuff
like that. And he said 'what? Walmart has nice clothes!' Oh, ok :)
At
fhe we were talking about things we
will try to do better and Ruth tattled on Reggie for calling people
stupid, and he called out from his coloring 'which I'm working on!'
Picnic with Luke's preschool class' families
These two are buds - leaving the new (and delicious!) Torchy's Tacos
Last game - with Angel
He'd really caught on by the end... he would sprint after the ball with a audible roar! He has a fierce kick and is a natural defender/goalie. He's very task-oriented and not afraid to work hard. Still working on his tact and sensitivity though... near the end of the game, he yelled to me from the field "mom, we have 8 points, and the other team has 0!!" -with parents of the other team sitting next to me.
But after the game, I saw him tying this boy's shoe.
atta boy Reg
Ruthie's a great big sis
Ruth & I on our way to the Ft. Collins Temple Dedication
Elder Uchtdorf was the apostle conducting - he was hilarious and uplifting as ever!
these two
Building cup towers for our FHE activity
Ruth & I doing an art class at the church (braces off - yay!)
mustache day
Bladium Grit Challenge Party
Eva & Ruth
they didn't think twice about waiting in a 20-kid deep line for face painting

they take it seriously

fluffy Drew
dance party
haunted house
then to Ruth's volleyball game - their first win!!
The next morning Uncle Max (Ken's youngest) came to visit!
We took him to Berry Farms to pick strawberries
He was great with the kids - they adore him
pinata time!
The cute Hispanic guy pulling the rope was having way too much fun... this went on for 20+ minutes
It was pretty slim pickins, but we found a few big, juicy ones
Sloan took Max & the kids to City Park (while I went to a friends' birthday dinner)
then VooDoo Donuts
I came home to this perfect scene
Sunday evening bike ride to the park
our stooges

On the ride home from the park, Reggie's pedal fell off his bike. In a rage, he flung himself onto the grass crying/howling. Sloan was pulling Luke & drew in the trailer... when he pulled up Luke got out & came over to Reggie and said something like 'when I see this, do you know how it makes me feel?' Reggie stopped crying to hear Luke's answer... 'it makes me feel sad.' Reggie smiled.
to be continued...

































































1 comment:
I love your family!
Post a Comment