I was so eager to get planting this year! I tried in Henderson, but my tomatoes were attacked by slugs. I tried in our first house in Denver, but we didn't set up a drip system, so it wasn't doing too well, and we moved before it produced anything.
I don't know how we thought it would be worth it this time. But Sloan was on board, and built this fantastic new planter. So I was optimistic.
Luke helped me plant some seeds
I even attended a composting class!
Swigert Picnic - enjoying lettuce from the Swigert gardens with the Mitchells
he BEGGED to wear the bowtie to school
ceramics at the children's museum
Reggie playin soccer
he loved it (much more than football)
bedtime - looking at the Robison reunion book
Mother's Day
that card melted my heart
so did this
my kickboxing buddy
even does the leg lifts with me
Peter came to watch Ruth's soccer game with us
She's fiesty!
Field Day
Luke's weekly music class. It was created by a guy in New York & is called "Aardvarks". The songs are a.dorable - Luke eats it up
He was also LOVING Lil' Kickers
Dim Sung lunch with my visiting teaching buddies - Sothon & Moung
Date with the Blackburns, Ellis's, and Mitchells to see "Catch Me if You Can" at our local
Vintage Theater. It was pretty darn good!
Ruth & Kate trying out Dive Volleyball
Drew & Mia
after a day in the garden, I came inside to find two birds perched up in the stairwell.
It was terrifying because anytime you went up or down the stairs they would flutter all over.
I opened Ruth's bedroom window, and we managed to get one up into her bedroom (toward the open window). But the kids scared it, and it ended back in the stairwell.
I called the city to see if they could send someone to get them. They said sure but it would cost $100.
I had somewhere to be, so I let the boss deal with it...
Ghosts in the side yard!
dancing dino in the back
punks in the kitchen
baby in the bath!
May 18th I flew to meet Aja in Seattle for our first ever sister's weekend! What a treat!
We stayed in Tacoma the first night, then took the trax up to Seattle to Pike's Place Market and downtown
We stayed in Tacoma the first night, then took the trax up to Seattle to Pike's Place Market and downtown
the gum wall
We stayed in a different hotel every night so we could take advantage of hotel points. Which was fun!
But we had to haul the pack n play & luggage between hotels. Everybody moooove!
We had to visit the petrified man at the 'Ye Old Curiosity Shop' who's been haunting me since I saw him when I was 6
this guy will probably haunt me till I'm 60!
The underground tour
Relics from the shops and buildings that once lined the street level of the late 1800's. Once they realized the main street would continually flood, causing a plumbing nightmare, they built the main streets up 15' higher. That created a seedy network of tunnels and underground storefronts that are vacant (and haunted?) now.
No sure what I'm holding here, but Aja has me dying laughing as usual
She and Drew had serious bonding time
So did Drew and his great-great grandma, Meme!
Meme is 101 here and lookin fabulous
Drew loved her fingers
From there, to beautiful Snoqualmie Falls
the trees made me think of my kids - wouldn't this be a good climber!?
I heart tree moss
and gums!
and my sees!
gettin goosed in the gift shop
From there we stopped in to see Sloan's sister Erin in Bellevue. She is so loving and warm... we had a lovely visit
and more bonding
back to the Embassy Suites for hot tubbin
and the last morning - we made a quick run back to Pike's Place for more strawberries.
I was addicted!
Such a fun trip - from now on an annual tradition (wink, wink!)
Meanwhile, Sloan was doing just great without me! Planting trees
Making bird feeders
feeding the kids such healthy donuts
I love the feeling of coming home after having a break from my kids. I'm so much more tolerant and admiring. Even when I see this in front of our house...
I even took him on a date to Sam's Club
home to Roy Rodgers
and my white supremacist
seriously
Sloan did such a nice job on the landscaping - he had a few neighbors come ask him who he used?
I planted strawberries, lettuce, and artichokes in the side yard. And we were pleasantly surprised when the vine started producing green seedless grapes!
In the back I planted herbs (cilantro, basil, parsley, and stevia), green beans, zuchini, tomatoes, beats, and cucumbers
Pools open
Drew break
Goodbye brunch for Mindi at Stephanie's house. So heartbroken to be saying goodbye to my dear friend Mindi. She was the first person to welcome us when we moved in, and invited us for dinner that night. Our kids were buddies, and Mindi and I had grown very close in the 6 months prior. Goodbyes like this stink!
Somehow during brunch we got to talking about photo angles, and I taught them the forehead forward and down trick. This is Diane nailing it.
The trick is to move your face forward (away from your neck), and to keep your chin down.
Well done, Caitlin
Playin at the church
Playin at the mall
flying kites at City Park
Daddy daughter date to the Rockies game
Last up - I ran the 10K Boulder Boulder
Sloan was a champ to bring the kids to meet me at the finish. They had to park pretty far away, so they were dragging on the way back to the car. Luckily I found this shopping cart and loaded them up.
home to tally chore points
and fold piles of laundry
or not :)





























































































No comments:
Post a Comment