I love this country. Love our freedoms, our diversity, our big, gorgeous outdoors, our well-insulated, air-conditioned indoors, our conveniences, our opportunities, our system of governing, and our heritage. It rocks. I don't like abortion, gay marriage, or fireworks, but I love that I can fight against them (haven't fought too hard against fireworks yet, but someday...). And practice my faith how I choose. I'm so thankful for my citizenship and education that has taught me just how fortunate I am to have it. Sure, we can be tacky, arrogant, and obese, but I like us anyway. Love the USA.
So, July gets 2 posts. The first one leads up to the 4th, starting with dad coming home to give the kids a great idea to turn the hose on
Evan and I didn't like this idea.
Reggie had mixed feelings
Ruthie unleashed!
Luke's delicious thighs stayed dry
shopping with my boys
swim party at Adri's
swingin to get dry
more water fun
not too sure about this
goin for it
that was enough
July 3rd we headed up to Payson Lakes for the Robison Reunion. Ruthie was already there, caught a ride with her cousins.
Reggie was in the delightful stage of repeating himself about 50 times when he wants something. Sloan decided to see how he liked it on the flip side during our St George stop at Rio.
The Reunion
Sloan's tuning face
awesome cousins
Uncle Doug
Ruthie was oblivious to us being there. Cousins and an open fire were enough.
Uncle Boog & Chana
in his element
Our kids love Gwen
Markus & Lincoln teaching Luke some German
Friday we spent 8 hrs at the lake, and it was one of the best days I can remember... I was so content to be there with my creative, sophisticated, diverse, wholesome extended family with our kids so happily playing, enjoying nature and all the fun things I can do in a healthy body (run, swim, lay in the sun). The temperature was ideal and it wasn't too crowded. It was a long, perfect day.
but you get used to it
Finlay - on the verge of too cool, but still willing to hang with the babies
cousin-sisters
smooch!
and we came back to an amazing dutch oven dinner by Erin
but then the rains hit
we snuggled under a tarp for a little while, played some games, but it was raining so hard we could barely hear each other. Sloan accidentally brought the duffel bag with the soccer equipment thinking it was our tent, so the kids & I slept in a 15 passenger van, which was actually very comfy, and Sloan slept on an air mattress under this tarp. Rough night!
But we were only 25 minutes from Provo, so it was an easy trip back and into dry clothes.
Markus, the Gee's outgoing, uplifting foreign exchange student from Germany (he looks more like Luke than I do!?)
Luke lovin on Erin (she's the female version of Sloan, though much more talkative. We love her. She's an amazing cook, but even more amazing friend and confidant. Easily sees the world through spiritual eyes. Dynamic yet pure of heart.)
Saturday afternoon Slip N Slide
Uncle Doug at the helm
beautiful Chaos
Reggie kept his distance
not me :)
Emily & Boog's new baby Tarik
Fireworks (not my thing, but great for pictures)
Grandpa & his girls
that face!
And finally... Sunday photo shoots with Fiona
Grandpa & Grandma
and loadin up to go... if we can get the helmet off his huge noggin :)
























































.jpg)













1 comment:
you just made my year : ). . .sad that it is over! Again! Again!
Post a Comment