I was so grateful to be released from bed rest, we packed our bags a few days later and headed to California. Sloan spent most of his semester break studying for the boards, so Luvy kept us busy while he was at the Dana Point library.
Here we are catching sunset at the beach...
Ruthie learning to dive
The petting zoo
and back home for Ruthie's soccer game
Gma & Gpa Robison stopped to watch on their drive home from VA - UT
gifts from CA:
Ruthie's pet snails
Ruthie's pet snails
and Reg's rash probably from the petting zoo. It looked horrible, but he didn't care
back into the routine... playing at Adri's
and Mission Hills splash pad
Ruthie & I went on a date to the Henderson Art Fair. She did a watercolor painting and we walked around looking at art (she said "Mom, we should do this more often" I agreed! It was fun to spend some time 1 on 1 with my girl)
it probably helped that we indulged in some deep fried Oreos
and later that day, soccer
she's the queen of kicking it in
I love Ruthie's play-by-plays after
this time Nonie (my dad's mom) came from Reno to watch
for Mother's Day, I requested that we have a picnic dinner at the lake...
it was a stinky and crowded, but the lighting was gorgeous and we had a relaxing time
threw rocks
let the dogs play (this is our new adoptee Sunny. She's bigger & older than Hudson & bullies him around, I like her :)
let it all hang out Reg
and I got some Mother's day pics with the kids
ride home from the Springs Preserve (can I do another plug for that place - it rocks!! new discovery: they have a nature exchange where the kids bring in things they find in nature, like shells/bugs/rocks, etc and they let them trade it in for better stuff from nature... so cool)
We met up with the Milnes & Strobelts at Acacia Park Sunday night to watch the Lunar Eclipse. Only once in 20 years!
These guys wrestled and played football
and the next day all Reg could think about was football. He tried all morning to pump his up with a balloon pump
This is after Reg was rescued from locking himself in the car in the garage. Thank you brave firemen. Never again!
And last of all, by Memorial Day I had a major itch to go to Phoenix to see my cousin Brittany in the hospital (and about 5 other reasons... but that one most compelling). Sloan was leaning toward us staying in town, but while he was at school Friday I got the car packed up & the kids loaded so when he came home at 2 we were in the driveway ready to go! He laughed. And jumped in.
We stayed with Sloan's older brother Clayne in Mesa. They have 8 kids and let me tell you, it's a party.
We invited Sloan's good friend Jordan & his fam to swim...
let Reg meet & abuse his cousins
sorry Kaijsa, please forgive us
Brittany was at Burrow's 40 mins away, so I only got to visit her twice. I loved seeing my cousin, as difficult as her situation is, she is always a joy to be around and has the perfect balance of realism and hope. She & Jeff are so funny together, I love them & was so uplifted by being there. Jeff made Ruthie a spectacular balloon hat - yeah!
My other wonderful reason for visiting Phoenix was to see my niece Riley! It was so good to see her, we got to take her home to Mesa with us for the afternoon & she had a ball with all the kids.
flyin Fin!
It took the whole afternoon, but Riley finally warmed up to Sloan
and wouldn't let him go!
Reg got a few too many bonks to the noggin
consolation prize
winding down...
driving home, stopped in Wickenburg for fish tacos & tots
a diaper change (Ruthie always asks to inspect the diaper contents... ???)
and a quick stop at Hoover Dam to walk across the new bridge with all the foreigners. Glad we did it, but Hello Vertigo!
love these two stud muffins


































































































No comments:
Post a Comment