February and March are party months at our house. Between Superbowl, Valentine's, Sloan & Ruthie's birthdays and spring break, it's a busy, fun time. I like it that way, keeps me from thinking about how cold it is outside!
We did have a few days of sun in February, so we made it up the High Mesa/pyramid hike one Saturday
we were itchin to get our yard blooming, so we strolled the isles at Star Nursery
yes, that's a fanny pack
hangin with Huds, reading the Book of Mormon
dinner
2 great huggers
simple pleasures
his pet box (this went on for an hour)
nightly family walk before bed. brr.
Superbowl
We had the Chapman-Daytons over and Sloan had a couple friends from dental school (Playful kids + focused fans = bad combo!) so Shannon and I took the kids to the park for most of it.
We had the Chapman-Daytons over and Sloan had a couple friends from dental school (Playful kids + focused fans = bad combo!) so Shannon and I took the kids to the park for most of it.
Shannon cracks me up. We put a Disney on for the kids and joined the hubbies for the last quarter.
The next weekend we caught the tail end of a rather racy Valentine's party with the dental school couples - va voom!
Sloan's 35th
started with dinner at Baja Fresh with Dad & Dodie
Ruthie was being hilarious as usual
then I took Sloan out bowling and surprised him with a group of his dental school buddies there waiting for us
cheers- they got a round of O'Doul's (non-alcoholic) in his honor
i did take a sip, and it was GROSS! i don't get it.
Ruthie's 5th!
in her birthday suit. she wore it all week.
just a cupcake for her actual bday
Our sweet 94 yr old neighbor, Neva hess, is a dear friend to Ruthie and brought her some presents the next night
and then the real party begins...
it took a few days to make the pinata
which turned out to be a giant elephant head
we got maps ready for the wild animal hunt
and made binoculars for the kids to decorate
and cages for the wild creatures
and the day finally came! we started with the decorating
then we played games like 'red range rover' and 'the elephant race'
then we split into boy and girl teams to find the wild animals in the didgeridoo dugouts, orangutan oasis, balloon lagoon, hippo hideout, etc. They blew a train whistle whenever they captured one
came back for pizza
and chocolate peanut butter cake
presents
and the pinata, sans nose
and that was it! a LOT of work!! but fun to see Ruthie will all her buddies together. We had fun planning it, too. But maybe every other year?
Next morning: first game of the season on her new team, the Fire
hangin at Papa's, Reggie learns to scoot
I was just called to serve with the Young Women as assistant camp director (my 3rd calling this year). Here's New Beginnings out on the salt flats. We had a bonfire, sang, girls talked about constellations relating to the values, and they sent off paper lanterns 'Tangled' style
which seemed pretty hazardous to me (they went flying off over Boulder City) but hey, I only the assistant camp director, so I kept my mouth shut :)
workin in the yard
Ty always shows up just in time for the heavy lifting!
game 2
Star Nursery after
nap time
the turf is finally going in! he did it in a day. go sloan.
coming to help
all done!!
to celebrate: we drove to Camp Pendelton to meet up with my mom, Ken, Max & friends for a day of Paint Balling
Sloan and Max - retreat!
Ruthie collecting & smashing the left over bullets
serious action
Brett & Sloan
back at Mom's, the kids love her bin of toys
Sloan & Reg love to veg
and we all love the bike rides
that always end up at Salt Creek Beach. Reg stood there for about 5 minutes trying to decide if he liked the sand
not ruthie!
Oh, by the way,
I'm Prego!
12 weeks. Yay :)
Luvie & Ruthie - peas in a pod
I sure love them both
postlogue:
Pregnancy has been going fine. I'm not as nauseous as I am HUNGRY. We were surprised to get pregnant this quickly, but excited to have a buddy for Reg (girl or boy). Last week I had a near miscarriage as we were leaving town for CA, so we turned around and I layed down all evening and waited for it to get worse. But the bleeding stopped and the Dr said things were fine the next morning, but I needed to stop running and lay low for a while. I miss running. But nothing like a near miscarriage to make you realize how bad you want your baby to live!
Sloan's school schedule has been TOUGH this semester - he says it's the hardest one, especially with the Boards Part 1 next month. It's stressful, but he's keeping a balance with playing tennis here & there, keeping up on his church calling, making it home for dinner & a family bike ride most nights, so we're getting through it. (But counting down the days till it's over!)
Ruthie has made some nice changes with turning 5... she gave up the beloved pink blanket, she gets ready on her own the mornings (well, sometimes), and seems to be a little more settled and in control of her colorful emotions. She's riding her bike very comfortably and takes good care of little Reg, even rides him around on the trike...
And Reg is too easy, too good, too loving... I don't want to gush but he's a delight. I don't know how we are so blessed to have his sweet little spirit in our family. He keeps us all smiling and laughing, even when things are hard. If you haven't had a Reggie hug lately, you need one!
so come visit.
signing off....





















































































































2 comments:
Yeah! Congratulations Sonna!
AMAZINGAWESOMESUPER Post! My favorite line: "which seemed pretty hazardous to me (they went flying off over Boulder City) but hey, I only the assistant camp director, so I kept my mouth shut :)"
Thank you.
Post a Comment