October November December

Have gone by in a blur!

Here goes a marathon catch up...

October started with a trip to California to see my mom, bless Gabe, and attend my 2nd cousin's wedding in Laguna. It was a GREAT trip, included the beach...







the Blessing...

My dad, grandma, and great grandma

my wonderful siblings...

The blesser

Tyler & my dad

Gabe's admirers


The wedding & reception in Laguna were exquisite. Good to see family and the ceremony was beautiful - on the roof a hotel right on the beach with a couple SO in love it brought tears to our eyes.

And the reception was hilarious.  Here's my 96yr old Great-Grandma on the dancefloor - YES!

 sexy cousin Samantha

Tyler got me out there for some psycho swing dancing - so fun


And Monday morning -  to Disneyland!





We rocked the park from 10am-10pm and he was easy-peezy all day. Thanks Mom & Ken for another fabulous trip to Disneyland :)



The following weekend we went to the carnival across from The District. 
Ruthie Ruthie Ruthie.




and Live Music at the District with my Dad
 breakdancing


Sloan playing football with dental school friends


Pumpkin Patch with the kids from our ward

Shopping with my boys

 HALLOWEEN
 Aja sent an awesome chicken costume for Ruthie to wear, and I got the tights & accessories all ready for her, and of course she wanted to be a fairy-princess-whatever you can find in the dress-ups girl instead (which is ok. she looked dang cute)
 We knocked on a couple dozen doors, but she mostly just wanted to hand out candy



NOVEMBER
 Gabester getting bigger. And Smilier.

Tyler started working for my dad mid-November and lived with us for a couple months - I loved having him live with me. My mom came to town & we all went bowling.



 Ruthie would send her ball off with all her muscle, and it would take about 3 minutes to get to the end. Once and a while it actually hit pins.


For Thanksgiving, we went down to Arizona to meet Tyler's daughter, see my Aunt JoRita in Scottsdale and the Fegert family in Tucson. 
Thanksgiving dinner in Tucson
 Meme, Riley, Tyler

Hiking in Scottsdale

Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa with the Nielsens

And finally getting to meet my sweet niece Riley - she and Gabe were instant buddies (when she wasn't trying to eat him!)


Back to Vegas... Sloan's dad & sister Lindsay came to sing in the Messiah at Ham Hall. We met up for lunch at Town Square...



He's funny in hats. They're always too small.  Always.


DECEMBER

Tyler dressed up for a Mafia dinner & Gabe loving every minute with him.

This was right before Gabe puked all over my keyboard

Storytime at Town Square with Ruthie's BF Emery

 carrying on the family tradition

 Visiting Santa




Sloan survived finals and we hit the road for California immediately after. We stayed with my mom & Ken for a week, and although it rained every single day, we had a delightful stay. Sloan got some much needed sleep.  And we made candy houses, went shopping, almost bought a dog, etc.

Gabe's first flight (I flew, Sloan & Ruthie drove, saved us all from 4 hours of baby crying)

 Opened presents Saturday morning
 Mom loves watching us opening presents - gets so excited about forgetting what she got for us :)

Gabe's lower lip pre-cry. Melts our hearts.

popcorn party!

Annual candy houses. Like my almonds??


Hanging out, playing Beetles songs


 Ruthie's a great big sister.

The ride home - all of us together. In traffic. for 6 hours. Gabe crying for 4 of it.
 But we made it, just in time for...

Christmas Eve & Christmas in Vegas


 We had Christmas Eve at my dad's. The highlights were driving around to look at lights and a hilarious ping-pong match. Christmas morning was just Sloan & me & the kids for a few hours. We read the Christmas story, had breakfast, and started the present-fest. Then my dad & Roxanne came by with more presents. Then we spent an hour or two cleaning & packing & off to Utah!

 Caroling

 Gabe finding his fingers - they fascinate him!



 Sloan with his brothers & mom

Lots of quality time with dadddy

 And, finally, me getting my kicks!  I LOVED this - the streets were perfectly covered in snow and Sloan pulled me for about an hour around the tree streets in Provo.

Felt like I was 14 again :)





6 comments:

Jonah and Aja said...

I have so much to say... Like that this post is amazing and there are so so so many grey pictures and you are so gorgeous and I miss Ruthie and Gaber so so
much and can't wait to see you next week!!! That's so much for blogging. It made my night.
-sees

BrittWilk said...

ahh!! new post! i'm so behind on blog stalking. shame on me. i'm with aja. you guys are gorgeous. an gabe is the cutest baby ever. i seriously love him.

Sara said...

Wow! What a post! I loved reading your update. You sure have been busy!

Alyson said...

I love reading all you've been up to! And I love that I got to see you for a little bit when we were there in February! I miss Ruthie's dancing and always remember her crazy leg moves she showed us in Taupo! :)

Cheyenne said...

Whew!! What an amazing update! Way to get it all down! Sonna, you look amazing -- you're a picture-perfect family! Hoping dental school is going great. I was just looking the other day at a pic of Ruthie and Kai when they were both 1 in Phoenix -- she's so grown up now!

Jonah and Aja said...

I meant to say GREAT pictures when I commented on this post IN JANUARY! Please please blog again!