Winter's almost Over

I've been avoiding blogging bc I don't want to tell another sob story... but truth is the saga continues! Ruthie was sick most of August with a cold which turned to fever/ear infection and then what the doctor thought were chicken pox. But after 2 weeks the the bumps turned into clusters of bumps/redness all over her arms and the dr today says she has a bacterial infection. Poor girl. We've been inside most of the month, even though the weather's been pretty nice, and ready for the blessing of HEALTH to find us, maybe with the change of season. (I've been sick too, but we won't go into that.)

Otherwise, we're getting ready Tangled's single release party at the end of this month & squeezing in rehearsals and drum programming whenever we can. Sloan works 11-9, and I've been working some mornings and late evenings at the studio, so our weekends together are precious (and busy).

Funny story for the month... I took Ruthie in to Real Groovy -a record/clothing store next door to our place to check out their sale racks. I took Ruthie into the dressing room with me to try something on, and she slipped under the door as I was pulling the shirt over my head. Literally 5 seconds later I opened the door calling for her and looked down to my right in total shock... she was sitting on a black toilet (NOT attached to plumbing) with pants around her ankles and a purple face - right in the middle of a bowel movement. OH NO!!!!

I just sat there in shock for a few moments - I didn't want to yank her off the toilet mid-movement and had to take in the hysterical situation I was in. The lady at the counter wasn't too far away but somehow failed to notice. I pulled her off the toilet, tried not to look inside (but couldn't resist-gross!) and shut the lid. I told the girl not to let anyone open the lid and that I would be back in 10 mins.

When I got back to the shop, the girl had her neck craned over the record shelves watching every person coming in, clearly in anticipation that I would be coming back to save her (I guess she figured it out!). She couldn't stop thanking me for coming back and I waited for a clearing in the traffic of shoppers to get down to do what I had to do.

So, my question is "Really?" Do you really need to have an open toilet sitting in your store. I think they were asking for it.



turtles



Picnic at Myers Park w Manu, Juanita, Maree & Jeff




Rummi w Ruthie


Dinner at our place w great friends (Katie & Mike Maahs, Trajan & Maree Schwenke)




Ruthie & her big muscles


she's dead asleep - we couldn't stop laughing


Sullivan's Bay - an hour north of Auckland




St Helier's Bay - only 15 mins away, great playground & peaceful beach



Yay for floaties!



Happy Ruthie


Ruthie-isms: "Smashlight" for flashlight, "Cemescary" for cemetary, calls us Mudder and Fadder, came into our room the other day and said "I need PRIVACY!" and slammed the door, keeps her little bunny Jay-Jay and kitty Jha-jha zipped up in her PJs, asks us to read ONE book and sing ONE song before bed, and gives her daddy the nicest kisses. Love my little Ruthie and my hunk-of-a-hubby Sloan.

We're missing our family & friends at home - so thankful for your support while we're out here.

Our website should be up this week... www.thebandtangled.com and video on youtube. Maybe even a single on iTunes by the end of the month! But don't hold your breath (we would've all died years ago if we had!)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I didn't think stuff like that happpened to real people. You're better than me. I would have picked up Lexi, ran out of the store, and never looked back. Like you said, they were asking for it.

Emily H. said...

oh man Sonna- your story had my daughter, Noelle and me cracking up! That is crazy hilarious. I can't wait to see your video, hear your music, check out your site. I won't hold my breath but keep us posted. It's so good to be in blogging contact with you again. It all comes back to me how awesome you are and how much I loved having you as a friend. :)

Annabelle S. said...

Sonna! That was the funniest story with the toilet I have hear in a long time...I was at work reading it and couldn't stop laughing. When you gotta go you gotta go...ya know. :)

Thanks for sharing.